Monday, September 28, 2009

Villa Sonia 2006 Ripasso...Continued

I second Notnits' assertion about the tar and the burning tires. When I taste wine, I tend to get some visual locked into my head, and it takes me some time to zero in on what I'm tasting. In this instance the images were: Garage, Blacktop in August, and New Car (or more specifically, one of those novelty scratch-n-sniff stickers that claims "New Car Smell".)

Not to beat up on it...the wine seems to mean well. There is a crackle on the tongue and in the gums that felt nice. But it never developed.

The chips and hummus didn't help.

The following evening I made some pesto and gave it another shot. Not much better. Though the basil did seem to lift the tar-ish afterburn and bring out some decent berry flavors.

Unfortunately, with this wine it seemed like too many miles to go for too little payoff.

No comments:

Post a Comment